Universities support and value the EPQ as evidence of a student's ability to use a range of skills that are vital for successful study in higher education. The EPQ:
- gives students the opportunity to choose their own topic
- makes students responsible for their own learning and development
- inspires and motivates students – completing the project gives them greater confidence and a sense of achievement.
- teaches new skills, such as, independent research, project management, reflection and self-directed learning
- awards 70 UCAS points for an A*.
What is the EPQ?
A major piece of individual project work
A question that is of particular interest to you
It is recommended that your project links to either a subject you study or a subject you want to study at university